Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why I'll Never Buy Anything from Baby Brown's or by Petunia Pickle Bottom again

I ordered a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag from Baby Brown's. When it arrived, it wasn't as described on the website. Parts that were supposed to be made of brass were made of plastic. I was disappointed with the quality of the item and the fact that it wasn't as described, so I decided to return it.

When I called to tell them that I was returning it because it wasn't as described on their site, the man who answered (who appeared to be the owner of the company) told me it was fine that I would be returning it, but that I needed to pay return shipping. I found it to be kind of poor customer service to make me pay for a return when the item in question was being returned due to their having the wrong description of it up on their website. But whatever, fine. I asked for an RMA number and received it.

The owner then began arguing and talking over me about why I was returning the bag, getting escalatingly rude, then finally told me I must have read the description incorrectly. Uh, no, the description was sitting right in front of me on my computer. He ended the call with a very curt "If you don't want the bag, fine. But you're paying return shipping. That is final."

I could have dealt with paying return shipping, as that is their standard policy anyway. But the overwhelming rudeness and complete lack of any courtesy whatsoever? Those were enough to convince me never to give this company any business ever again. That is final, indeed.

As for Petunia Pickle Bottom, I tried several times unsuccessfully to contact them to ask when they had changed the diaper bag. I called and emailed, but never received any response or even any acknowledgement that I had contacted them.

Eh. You win some, you lose some. In this case, I feel like I've won - it is good to know what a business's true character is like, so I can support those who are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment